Thursday, August 30, 2007

Wedding Weekend Recap

So, this is a few days late, but I have been holding out for pictures. Sadly, in a mad dash to get out the door, I left my camera at home last weekend, so I have to bum off other folks. Anyway, I have found a few, and I'm sure there will be more to come.

Last weekend, Josh and I headed up to Portland for Margaret and Scott's wedding. We left Thursday afternoon and arrived in Portland around 8. We checked into the Governor Hotel, our hotel for the night, and then I headed off to the bachelorette party! I met up with Margaret and the girls at an Italian restaurant called Touche, where we sat out on a patio, drank wine, ate dinner, and then headed out for a night of dancing! I was a little tired when I arrived (I had to be in Rancho Cucamonga at 7:45 that morning for witness interviews), but seeing Margaret and running around Portland reinvigorated me, and the night was great.

Friday, Josh and I moved into our new hotel, McMenamin's Kennedy School. The Kennedy School was once an elementary school, but has since been renovated and turned into a hotel with a restaurant, two small bars (the Honors Bar and Detention), and a movie theater. It was really a charming place! Josh and I stayed in the "Art Room," complete with a chalkboard wall.

After checking in, we headed out to the rehearsal at the Shogren House, where the ceremony and reception would be held. I fell in love with the Shogren House. It was so beautiful and the gardens, plants, and flowers were so lush. Afterwards, we went to Scott's parents house for the rehearsal dinner and made bouquets for the next day.

Later on, we met up with Liz, Theo, and their two adorable baby girls for dessert. It was great to see her. I wish we were closer, but I take what I can get. :) Afterwards, Josh and I picked up Heather/Roomie from the airport and took her to her hotel. I was so excited to see her arrive in Portland! I miss that crazy girl a bunch.

Saturday was the big day! In the morning, Josh and I got up and headed north to Vancouver, Washington (a.k.a. "the 'Couv"). Liz and I ran off to get manicures and pedicures while the boys amused themselves. :)

Afterwards, we went to the Shogren House, and Heather and I were florists-for-a-day, making the centerpieces for the reception while catching up a bit. After the centerpieces were set, we all started getting ready inside the house. Margaret looked absolutely gorgeous!! Really, one of the prettiest brides of all time!

The ceremony was in the garden. It had been cloudy in the morning, but sun appeared just in time. The ceremony was really beautiful, and I got a little teary-eyed, but I held it together. :)

The reception was great. I sat at a table with Josh (of course), Heather, Jillian (friend from law school days) and Margaret's co-worker and her dad. The food was delish, and the reception site was absolutely gorgeous! Margaret and Scott made their rounds, and they were both glowing. I am really happy for them. Congrats, guys! :)

After the wedding, Heather, Josh, and I hit up a bar in Portland called North 45. Apparently I am an old lady now, but I could barely keep my eyes open! We headed home a a little after midnight.

Sunday morning, Josh and I headed to the Pearl District and poked around the shops there. We met up with his mom, dad, brother (Kitt), sister-in-law (Arian), and Josh's nephew (Jason) at Rogue Brewery for lunch. It was so great to see all of them. I really lucked out when it comes to great in-laws. I just wish we were closer. Anyway, lunch was great. Josh was in beer heaven and tried a bunch of samplers of the Rogue ales. After lunch, we went shopping with the fam for back-to-school clothes for Jason, who is starting eighth grade this fall. They headed home around 4, and we caught a flight back to L.A. in the evening. It was a great weekend, and I passed out almost immediately after walking in our front door!

So, there's the recap, albeit a few days late.

5 comments:

weezermonkey said...

How great that you got to return to the Pacific Northwest!

The word verification I must type is "hulkly."

Unknown said...

Who likes to rock the party?

weatherpeople like to rock the party!

But, don't forget...

H, is the life of the party!

It really was a fun weekend!
Let's do it again...now!!!

-WB

Sarah said...

That sounds like the perfect wedding weekend. I can't wait to see your pictures, and you in your dress!

wan said...

what a fabulous weekend! it looks like a lot of fun - but i'm holding out for pictures of you and the hub. soon, right?

Mrs. Shorty Cake said...

better late than never right? Glad you had a great time! ;)