Sunday, September 16, 2007

Inspection.

What a crazy week. I have been in a house whirlwind. It's hard to work on or think about anything else.

Yesterday, we had an inspection on the house. Bug, Anthony, Jackie, and my grandparents came by before to check the place out. There were lots of enthusiastic comments about the backyard. Bug, Anthony, and Jackie thought the interior had potential, but I think my grandparents were a little scared. I think they'll feel better after paint and new carpet.

Given that the place is a fixer, I was a little nervous about what the inspector might say. Although there are a few things that need to be fixed, most are relatively minor. The roof, plumbing, foundation, and all other major systems of the home are functioning well, so that's good news. The inspector said it was a "cosmetic fixer." Yeah, we knew that much, at least. :)

So, now we wait for an appraisal and final loan approval. We should close mid-October. I go through phases of being really excited to getting really rattled and nervous. I hope all that is normal. Ahhhhhh.

Other than that, the weekend has been pretty low-key. Friday night, Josh and I went window-shopping at Home Depot. I have to work today, but hopefully I will have some time this evening to play...

5 comments:

weezermonkey said...

"Cosmetic fixer" sounds great! Imagine how sucky if the fixing went beyond cosmetics!

Good luck!

Nanette said...

I'm so glad the inspection wasn't horrific!

wan said...

i'm happy to hear the inspection went well! those can be scary - and expensive. :X

R said...

That's great news that the major working parts are good. Paint and carpet can be fixed. :)

amber said...

sounds like everything is working out great! :)