Sunday, January 6, 2008

Lazy Sunday.

Well, good news: we seem to have survived Stormwatch 2008! Wow, that sump pump turned out to be a lifesaver. It sucked up our mini-lake and dumped it down the rain gutters. Flood and disaster averted.

Other than that, the weekend was remarkably slow. The grey weather made me lazy, and I slept in Saturday morning past noon. I haven't done that in so long, and it felt incredible. We went up to Camarillo to see my dad for the afternoon and then headed to Sherman Oaks to see Jackie and PJ.

Jackie, PJ, PJ's pal, Josh, and I headed out to a dive bar called Green Frog, also in Shoaks. The bar had a pretty interesting mix of people that seemed to match the weird variety of music played (Alanis Morissette, Pearl Jam, Snoop, Britney Spears). Pretty random, but I dug it. Also, I tried a black and tan (in this case, Guinness and Bass) for the first time, and it was pretty good.

Today was also pretty low-key. Church and breakfast in the morning in Malibu. Then, we headed to my sister's apartment. Bug cooked dinner and then we watched Blades of Glory, which made me laugh, despite its predictable jokes and silliness.

I am now parked on my couch watching Cashmere Mafia. So far, meh. A little too similar to Sex and the City, methinks. Ah, well. I should probably hit the sack anyway...

9 comments:

weezermonkey said...

It's like four Mirandas instead.

dapotato said...

sleeping in is the best.

amber said...

i think after you're crazy sump pump story, you were definitely due for a mellow weekend :)

Nanette said...

Mmm...I wish I were sleeping right now.

wan said...

i dig the music mix :)

... said...

what the hell is this with all of the SFAMily sleeping in until late hours. Do I need to send Chris to all of your homes for a weekend visit?

*** said...

Yea for sump pumps!

H said...

Sump pump saves the day!

R said...

Awesome. No leakage/flooding = happy homeowner. :)