Friday, January 25, 2008

Pre-teenaged sensations

If you are reading this, then I just figured out how to blog from my Blackberry! How cool is that?! (It makes me feel like singing that song from Napoleon Dynamite: "Ohhh, I love technology. But not as much as you, you see. But I still love technology. Always and forever. Always and forever.")

So, where were we? Ah, last time I blogged, Josh and I were about to pick up the most adorable creatures on the planet for the evening. Well, I ended up picking up the girls (Josh had a rugby game), and they wanted to go to the mall (insert 12 year-old-girl-squeal here), so that's where we went. Come to find out, my little cousins are in love with Juicy Couture. This came as a bit of a surprise, probably because at their age my idea of "designer" was Arizona Jeans and The Gap. Whatever. So, we look at all things "Juicy," and then head to Claire's where they begged me to let me get their ears pierced. Funny, girls. They settled for magnetic earrings.

Of course, one mall was not enough for my favorite pre-teen mall rats, and since Josh and I are huge suckers, we agreed to take them to the Camarillo Outlets after some begging. Our first stop? The Juicy Couture outlet. Good Lord, those are some expensive sweat pants! I mean, I love a good splurge, but this is one store I do not get. I guess that makes me officially old. Before I know it, I will start complaining their music is too loud.

Next stop was my favorite spot at the outlets: the Saks Fifth Avenue outlet. The girls were convinced once I told them Saks had Juicy Couture. Although, they kept calling it "Stacks 5" which was cracking me up. Turns out there was a big sale at Saks, and the girls ended up finding deeply discounted Juicy Couture zip-ups, so we bought them for their birthdays. I know, I can't believe I bought designer items for two little kids, but what can I say? I am a sucker who cannot say no to those two little things. However, as a public service, I am adding this inability to the list of things to fix before getting knocked up so my children are not spoiled brats. You're welcome. :)

After the mall, we grabbed dinner and then headed back to the house and met up with Bug (my sis) and Jackie. We all went into the hot tub and chatted before putting the girls to bed.

Monday we went to see 27 Dresses. It was pretty much what I expected. Then, we went to Grandma's for dinner and dropped the girls off.

The rest of the week has been busy at work and kind of stressful. Ah well.

At least I am out of the office today. Josh and I are in Seattle/Olympia for the weekend to celebrate Josh's grandparents' 65th wedding anniversary. (How amazing is 65 years?!) I love being back in the Pacific Northwest where, ironically, it is not raining. Glad we left the fugly weather behind!

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad you got out of this weather. And yeah, designer brands for children is unacceptable. I guess I'm old now too.

amber said...

what a fun weekend. :)

i can't believe they love juicy so much. my my my, how things have changed!

dapotato said...

you are definitely a cool cousin. yeah, you didn't miss anything weather-wise here.

Nanette said...

Fun weekend! And ditto Amber about loving Juicy. Wow!

weezermonkey said...

Off 5th rules.

If I ever have children, I am dressing them in designer duds head-to-toe when they're old enough to understand. I endured far too much agony with my uncool clothes to subject anyone else to that misery.

Taryn said...

Yay for a weekend in Seattle! And way to be a good cousin, with all the Juuiiiiccceeeey. Fun times :)

Angel @ loveandsplendor.com/blog said...

have fun this weekend!! YAY to 65 years!!!

Trisha said...

I really like your cousins...my kind of girls :)

Have fun in Washington!

... said...

JC huh, as a teen. Yeah, my mom would have LOVED me asking her for that. Have you ever tried Saks SFO on Rodeo? I don't know if it's still there, but it is kind of like a SAKS outlet also.
I remember Arizona jeans. Hell I still like The Gap

wan said...

what a good cousin you are!

um, the kid has a juicy couture purse that she got for her birthday. and she has a few pairs of juicy socks, too. plus a pair of seven jeans. and lots of other crap too. i'm right there with the monkey - totally making up for the WAY uncool clothes in my youth.

R said...

No wonder my kid hates me. I can't buy him designer anything. Shit, I'm still waiting for designer stuff for me! ;)

Winnie said...

Hmph, my (future, imaginary, currently-non-existent) kid is so not getting any name-brand stuff unless I grow out of my Gap-is-still-cool, I'm-too-cheap-to-buy-anything phase.