Saturday, January 19, 2008

New Kids on the Block.

A few of my nearest and dearest have started blogs, so I thought I would "introduce" these fabulous ladies to you all:

My lovely friend, Taryn, started up her blog, The Girl With Two First Names, a few weeks ago. Taryn and I were in the same sorority, and after rooming together one quarter, became instant friends. We were both bridesmaids in each other wedding and have seen each other through a lot. Taryn is a huge crack-up, a force to be reckoned with on a dance floor, and has the heartiest, most infectious laugh of anyone I have ever met.

The wild, bachelorette days...

Another sorority sister and roommate in law school, H, started The Gift That I Am a few months ago (playing off Paula Abdul's line). H made Ithaca somewhat bearable for me, and she and I traveled to Brazil together, rivaling all senior citizens tours with how lazy and sober we were while we were there.

H and me on a jungle tour in Brazil

My law school war buddy, Margaret, jumped on the blog wagon, too and just started her blog, Moosings. If it weren't for Margaret, I probably never would have made it through law school. Seriously. Margaret and I were in each other's wedding, and Margaret had to listen to all my crazy Bridezilla rants while we were 3Ls. She is a patient one. Margaret is also in D.C. and was married last year in Portland (recap here).

The (second) happiest day of my life!

A few other friends have revived their blogging, including my sorority sister, Schwee. Sadly, I don't have any pics of us together to complete this post (which is really messing with my OCD). But, word is she is coming to visit in February, so maybe there will be pics then.

7 comments:

H said...

haha. SO sober. except for the day we fell asleep on the bus...which is still an activity firmly in the domain of the senior citizen!

weezermonkey said...

Isn't it great when friends start blogs? :)

amber said...

fun! i wish my besties would start blogs.

dapotato said...

nice! sad for me, but all of my friends seem to be over blogging. :(

wan said...

those are fun pictures! i dig seeing pre-SFAM jen :)

Nanette said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Jen's friends!

R said...

Love the pics. Welcome Jen's friends!